The attributes of Cloud Networking:
- Scalable: Cloud Networks scale with Spline™ and leaf/spine topologies from hundreds to hundreds of thousands of nodes and provide a non-blocking fabric across the entire Cloud.
- Low Latency: Latency is key to improving application performance. The network needs to provide ultra-low latency in large-scale environments.
- Open APIs: The Cloud must provide predictable and reliable performance for a large number services, including HPC applications, web, video and data.
- Programmable Management: Cloud Networks cross all traditional boundaries between servers, enterprise networks, and service provider networks. They need to be managed in a hybrid environment, often with customizations that are unique to that individual deployment. The management of the network needs to be extensible and customizable to allow such optimizations.
- Self-Healing Resiliency: With larger scale, networks become much more critical and faults need to be contained and healed automatically.
Arista Networks offers a unique Cloud Networking Platform that meet the above requirements. Please see our Products section for more information.
Featured Video: Arista Software Defined Cloud Networking Overview
Cloud Networking Platform
Servers, storage and networks form the anchors of today's IT infrastructure. Companies around the world are constantly seeking to enhance this infrastructure. With 10GbE connectivity the new infrastructure requirements are distinctive and differ in many ways from the needs of traditional enterprise IT needs. The new environments often require unique compute density, power density and ultra low latency. Such hyper-scale computing environments – where deployments are measured by up to millions of servers, storage and networking equipment – are changing the way they approach IT to drive growth and decrease operational expenses.